Thursday, July 16, 2009

Prayer / Key Areas

A tree in :en:TicinoImage via Wikipedia

I was telling Kay that everyone has something that God is working on them to improve on. Sometimes we learn quickly and other times they are like a strong hold wearing us down. I told her about Paul, in the Bible.

My families Key Areas are as follows:

Me - quick tempered (Lord, help me see them as you see them when I get frustrated. May my children rise up and call me blessed as they see mom walk out grace, and discipline in love. Lord my heart, my passion is to raise children that love you, know you, fear you and are disciplines in heart, mind and body. Lord show me how to do this without getting exasperated.)

Randy (this was his assessment) - Drinking and lack of motivation (Lord, let Randy not be drunk on wine but by your Spirit. Please light a fire of desire in his heart that the things you have directed him to do would be done swiftly.)

Kay - Involving herself in every one's jobs or problems (Lord help Kay to see that when she is being so outwardly focused on every ones elses issues she is neglecting her own. 1st take the plank out of your own eye so you can more clearly remove the speck from the others eye. Lord help Kay to not feel responsible for others yet to grow in her gift of teaching and helping.)

Reye - Focus (Lord please help Reye to enjoy and stay focused on the task at hand. I come against this dream world that wants to consume every part of him. Lord let the worshiper in Reye begin to worship you in Spirit and truth. My Reye's mind be fashions after yours Lord so he can see what is in front of him and conquer it with the same passion and desire he does the bad guys in his games. Let him no long fear or hold with disdain new things.)

Petra - Whining and Helplessness (Lord please help Petra to get control over her emotions. Help her to see that her words are powerful and that a kind word goes a long way. That her smile and joy will cause people to want to help her but her whining will not. Lord help her to not fall into helplessness. Being the middle child she wants others to do her work. Lord let her feel powerful and mighty as a big girl.)

Grant - Aggravation and Self control (Lord please bring peace to little Grant when he doesn't get his way or in his timing. Lord please help him to not have tantrums and give me direction as to how to direction this amazingly passionate leader in the making. Lord also please help Grant to stop bitting, hitting and hair pulling.)

Sherman - Health and Self control (Lord please open up Sherman's lungs and cause them to be healed by your Spirit. I stand upon your word believing that Sherman will not always suffer with asthma. Lord also please help Sherman to stop bitting, hitting and hair pulling.)

I praise God this day for these prayers being answered.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment