Monday, July 13, 2009

Prayer / 1 Tim 2

Adam, Eve, and the (female) serpent at the ent...Image via Wikipedia

Lord,

Help me to understand what is meant by this passage. The writer seems to have an attitude against women. I understand that the culture was different, but come on. I know that in my marriage that God has shown me to do my best to live like this in regards to not trying to have authority over my husband but what about this teaching and being silent. I know that he doesn't much care for me trying to teach and I certainly can talk to much. Please give me insight into how and why this is the way for perfect order in our homes. I understand the your ways are higher than mine and that this is probably more about our personal growth than about being under the thumb of man or being put down for having sinned 1st.

1 Tim 2

11A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. 12I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent. 13For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner. 15But women[a] will be saved[b] through childbearing—if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]
0

1 comment:

  1. i dont know if my comment on your website went through bc my browser went all funky, but i saw your comments on the Bible passage about a woman's roles and I just wanted to let you know that I like this website, www.ladiesagainstfeminism.com I think they may have some articles that can help you figure it out, and if its to much for you just sift through it, they have great homemaking and mom tips :)Wendi

    ReplyDelete