Saturday, July 25, 2009

Day to Day / French Toast

Bread & Butter PuddingImage by HeatherW via Flickr

I am trying a new way to fix french toast. When you need a whole loaf of bread and 10 eggs it just isn't practical to stand at the stove dipping and flipping each one. I have done those casserole types before but mine always come out a little mushy. Hopefully this is better. I am using a cookie sheet and the bread is just two deep with butter and brown sugar. Then I poured the egg/milk mixture on it and top with cinnamon. The real kicker is we have to be at a football meeting at 10 am and the French Toast is still cooking. Randy would have taken Reye but he is off doing a pig hunt. Wouldn't want to be their but sure would love to be a fly on the wall watching.

Well it was ok, to speed it along I had to transfer one layer to a 2nd cookie sheet. A little messy try to move soggy bread. We ate in a flash and were on time. Sherman and Grant wanted out of their stroller and were hollering. I tried to let them walk in the back but they still hollered. The coach saw me and said we could leave.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment