Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Day to Day / Stop, Look and Listen

What do I like about and cherish about parenting? Of course all those sweet times but what is more rewarding is when I come up with some way to explain or teach a concept that is fun and actually seems to grab the kids attention. This is also what I come back to when I think of going back to work. Who else is going to care and take the time to creatively build my child's character by teaching not only what is right and wrong but how to internalize these values.

On the way to the grocery store this morning everyone was rattling off there questions in rapid secession while I was backing out of the drive. Now you have to understand that even opening your mouth while mom is backing out is a no, no. Well no one got what they wanted as a consequence and then I cam up with Stop, Look and Listen. Before they speak they are to stop thinking about themselves, Look at what Mommy is doing and Listen for if it is a good time to ask. Then they are to WAIT if mommy is busy or baby is crying.

Later that day we talked about the 3 parts to asking for forgiveness or saying your sorry. Recogize and tell what you did wrong, say your sorry and then tell how you are going to prevent this from happening again.



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment