Monday, July 27, 2009

Prayer / Hebrew 2

I wanna hold your handImage by batega via Flickr

Hebrew 2

10In bringing many sons to glory, it was fitting that God, for whom and through whom everything exists, should make the author of their salvation perfect through suffering.

This passage made me think that we have a wrong thinking when it comes to suffering. It also made me think of another passage:

Romans 5
2through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we[a] rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. 3Not only so, but we[b] also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4perseverance, character; and character, hope.


Joy, how crazy is that. I certainly don't like suffering, but then it wouldn't called suffering. I want out of the suffering but I guess it is what happens in your head once the suffering starts. Turning to God with full focus. Putting our thoughts fully on him believing and praying for relief.

Lord,

Please help me to embrace the suffering that you put in my life that I may know you more.



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment