Sunday, June 20, 2010

Road Trip Day 9

I was on my game this morning. Up ahead of the gang for a shower. We were all packed and out the door for church by 8:45. Picked up some yummy twists at Duncan Donuts. Made it to church with plenty of time to spare. A good thing since I still needed to dress the twins. Car seats and are a life saver. With Indiana weather I can put them in, leave the doors open and run like mad to get a few things done before we are off.

Church was good but I cried for Randy the whole time knowing how much he must miss being with his kids on Father's Day. We will have to do a rain check when we see him in Ohio.

Mom fixed us lunch at her house and kept my kids in freezes on the porch. love that porch.. Sherman kept watering the plants. The girls were playing with my great aunt Ruth's dolls. So sweet.

Then we were off the the Suites mom is putting us up at. Totally awesome.

Then we went to the play place in the mall to meet my best HS friend Carey. We played, ate and played some more. She had her mom with her. It was great to see her. Our boys really hit it off. Carey has invited Reye for a sleepover on Tuesday. We are also going for another play date on Wednesday. Let the fun begin. Carey is an amazing women. Working those long shifts as a nurse while raising two boys. She goes from her mom's on the days she works. Her mom has the house all set up for them to stay. Family is great. Can't believe Carey and I have been friends for 25 years.

Back at the hotel the kids were excited to watch some Harry Potter but were even more excited when I mentioned "swimming!"

I handled all 5 in the pool quite well. The twins were either on my hips int he "big water." or playing on the steps of the Jacuzzi. Everyone was laughing and playing with the new noodles. Had to Give Reye and Kay their own end of the pool as they were driving each other crazy. Siblings. i was so happy with the twins int he last 15 minutes they were jumping into my arms like last summer. Yet even better because they were patient to wait their turn. Sherman with his high jump plunging deep into the water. While Grant would sit and slide in but still get his whole head wet. Both coming up with big smiles saying "again."

Petra wanted to do ballet in the hot tub. At 8:30 we went back to the room for a free movie, Kung Fu Panda. I set up the air mattress and it fit like a glove. Wall to wall beds in the living area. Again laying down with the twins till they fell asleep then off to my own bed. I am sharing with Reye as we have 3 queens. He did great at not running into me.

No comments:

Post a Comment