Saturday, June 19, 2010

Road Trip Day 8

Nice to be finding a bit of a grove. I made orange cinnamon roll s for breakfast. the kids watched cartoons. they are loving access to cable. Watching Teen Age Mutian Ninja Turtles. I did a couple loads of watch and began to pack. Greg and his family will be back on Sunday and we want to be cleared out so they can settle back into their house. never did find a mop but I cleaned as best as I could. My mom cam over around 11:00 so we had lunch packed the car and went to "Bouncy Town." A place i found all on my own. This is so liberating to be able to navigate new towns by my GPS and just my own two eyes. I feel Like I could make it with my 5 just about anywhere. Bouncy Town was a big hit. the staff loved the kids so much they just let the kids play the skeet ball free of charge. who can resist Sherman saying, "ball, ball." Got to watch him. He is so independent. Always off in his own direction. Mom got a little overwhelmed with all the noise so she went shopping for a bit. Came back with so noodles for the pool.

After all that play we made it back to Greg's and Mom headed back home. I made lemon chicken, rice and broccoli from my favorite cookbook. Not the Chinese, sweet kind. A real healthy juicy kind. My kids couldn't get enough, Sherman kept saying, "meat, meat."

I write a note to Greg about all the food we ate, stuff we used, and sadly those thing we broke. it was a good teaching opportunity to show the kids that even parents have to tell the truth and take responsibility.

After dinner we searched the GPS for the park we went to yesterday. Put bug spray on this time and had a blast. Sherman was not only playing basket ball but also tennis, with the "guys." The rest of the kids were just running about. Reye banged his knee pretty good but kept playing.

We stayed up pretty late to watch another movie. It does make putting the twins down easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment