Friday, June 25, 2010

Raod Trip Day 14

Today is all to ourselves. mom is busy so we will have to fend for ourselves. We ate almost all the breakfast stuff that was left and set out to find the closest park. Love my GPS. Not only did we find a cool playground but the most awesome pool complete with zero depth, kiddie slides and mega slides. We went back to the hotel for lunch and suits. Mom was able to join us for a bit. The rules wouldn't allow Reye to go down the cool slides unless someone was at the bottom. Just couldn't swing that while watching the other three.

We absolutely loved it. Should go earlier next time. The twins were a bit clingy and actually fell asleep on me while I was sitting in a chair in the water. Reye wished Randy was with us for this. Dad could have gone down the slides with the kids. I would have loved to have done the slides myself.

We came back for a early dinner of chicken and noddles. At least I didn't set off any alarms this time.

The kids watched another movie and then we decided to go shopping. The kids were actually tired of movies. We were going to get some food for breakfast and a few activities for the kids to do at the hotel. We were going to go to Walmart but I missed the exit. What a blessing. My GPS took me right by my Grandmother's old apartment. This is where she lived when I was a child. I remember making daisy chains, riding in her car and getting Burger King. Wish we could have visited.

We ended up at a Super K Mart. Not a very good selection. Kay was having a rough night. Reye managed to push Kay when she tired to get out of the car. The the twins were acting up and they didn't have the toy she wanted.

When we got back I gave Kay some time to herself. She was having a melt down. We all are in need of a little space. two full weeks of togetherness.

I got to sit back and just watch the rest of them. What a delight to watch the other 4 playing with play dough. Sherman also got a mini hop and a bunch of balls. He was delighted and so was I to watch and encourage their play.

No comments:

Post a Comment