Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sweet Pea Momments / Failed Penny Experiment

A variety of low value coins, including a (his...Image via Wikipedia

While my kids were doing dishes I overheard them trying to get a penny out of the garbage disposal.

Don't worry it was off.

I didn't think anything of it. Accidents happen. It was probably on the counter and just slipped in. Right? Just to be sure I asked how the penny got in the disposal. Reye wanted to test out whether or not the penny was heavy enough to just sit in the sink and not be pushed down the drain by the water. He thought the water would just go around the penny. When the experiment failed he tried really hard to retreave the penny before it went down the train.

Well it not only went down but it wedged itself under something and jammed the disposal for 24 hours. I told Reye he could help pay for a new one if he ended up breaking it. I got it out today and I think I am going to tape it to his forhead and let him go to church like that.



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment