Sunday, August 9, 2009

Day to Day / Smooth Sailing

I could feel you smiling ;-)!Image by Thai Jasmine (Busy...Try to catch up later ;-)! ) via Flickr

Today has been a wonderful day. Started out with smoothies and homemade bread.

We had a great discussion at church. I really was taken with the concept that David is a man after God's own heart. I have always seen him as a great guy that is real with God about his shortcomings. The turning point for me as a leader is that I have never seen his weaknesses as a sign that he shouldn't lead or that he is a hypocrite. I have often felt that way about myself, over shortcomings in myself, that after loads of prayers, have yet to change, to my satisfaction. I am not prefect but I am certainly on my face before God seeking and praying to be more like him. Praise God that is all he asks of us.

After church the kids really came through and helped with the chores. I had been letting it go this past week. It is amazing how much more you can get done when motivated and in the right frame of mind. We were laughing, dancing in the kitchen and just having a great time.

The babies have slept almost all day it seems like. The older kids and I even got to play a game.

Tonight is date night and I have dinner in the oven along with desert all made for the kids.

Have to really enjoy a day like today it might night come again for another month.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment