Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Day to Day / Cleaning

ShowerheadImage via Wikipedia

How do you clean your Shower? I am embarrassed to say I don't really know how. I have had someone else doing it for the past 100 years. At one point I had a sprayer for my shower head and I would wipe everything down and then hose it with the shower head. Well I can do that with what we have now so I just through a bucket of water and get very wet myself. I even take my mop into the stall for the floor. I am sure that this isn't the way it is suppose to be done, but oh well.

Now why I am rambling on about my shower? Well even though I am a SAHM and am trying to pinch every penny I just HATE house work, and how much time it take me away from the kids, so I gave in and am back to having a cleaning lady. The last two times she was to show, today included, she canceled last minute. Now this is a total aggravation at my house because we spend at least two hours getting ready for the cleaning lady. We pick up EVERY toy. Even those under the beds, and in the play room and we wash and dry all the bedding.

It just isn't worth it to not at least vacuum after doing all the prep work. So today I decided I was going to do a better job than the cleaning lady and get it all done today. Well we did it. The kids helped out a bunch.

Kay was under the kitchen table washing the legs and the sides. She found a mountain of chocolate.

Reye washed the food off the walls in the eating area. He was hilarious. "I can't believe all the food on the wall mom. Does the cleaning lady really do all of this?"

Petra washed baseboards.

And I sat and watched TV, ha, ha. I am pooped but happy in my clean, triple mopped floors.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

  1. How I clean my bathroom-twice a wk a ajax the tub, then spray everything down with vinegar and wipe, here is a fun tip i picked up from somewhere, if you use a towel to step onto after your shower, take that towel, get it wet, and wipe "mop" the floors with it, the kids can do it, and it kills two birds w/ one stone...i also wipe my bathroom down every day with a few clorox wipes, and that keeps the mess down....how much were you paying a cleaning lady? if you dont mind my asking,...should tell my hubby that would be a great xmas gift, lol

    ReplyDelete