Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Day to Day / Sleep Baby Sleep


To sleep, to sleep when will it be my turn to lay my head upon the pillow and rest. A day full of fun and frolic in the sun has left me in a stupor awaiting my rest. Yet here I am waiting, waiting for my turn to come. The babies should be all but wore out but now they are climbing, and smiling all around me at half past 10. To bed, to bed I put them but they are not resting. Cries to be free they belt out at the top of their lungs. Awake not the rest on the house but my ears do ring, my heart does pound as I try to find a distraction so my sweet babe can find rest. I count the minutes as the crying goes on an on. Give them 10 minutes I say to myself. Praise God, only two have gone by the crying is now only of one. Three, four minutes have past now and my stomach is in knots but wait I must for surely he will be asleep soon. Finally seven minutes gone by and my house is peaceful and quite. My heart has yet to settle in my chest but soon enough I will allow this tired mom to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment