Saturday, January 2, 2010

When our Minds don't Meet

Chinese Dolls: Husband and WifeImage by rickz via Flickr

How to find solutions when our minds don't meet. I respect that my husband and I don't see the same set of priorities and that this makes us a good team. He has delegated most of the daily responsibilites to me and this works well. The problem occurs when I am given time to myself but I don't get to leave me behind to do all that I do. Since we don't see things the same often some of the most basic needs of the babies or the house or not met in my absence; chips for lunch, diapers not changed, bed time not honored, dishes not done, messes not cleaned up, etc. If I have learned anything in 10 years of marriage it is to only expect what I have already see him do repeatedly. My husband is not a schedule, routine kind of person. I can usually work around this by managing everything that needs routine, dinner, dishes, homework, diapers, etc. He gets to pop in and do one of these chores of mine but never with it being expected.

I don't like my solution but for now it is all I can come up with. I am putting Kay in charge fo the twins schedule and their own when I go out for an evening of fun. She will follow through on the schedule that I wright and actually Randy will probably reinforce that she stay on task.

We may be the parents but more importantly we are a family, all working together to make our life work.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment