Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Genisis 13-14 Family Strife

Cow (Swiss Braunvieh breed), below Fuorcla Ses...Image via Wikipedia

Genesis 13 (King James Version)

8And Abram said unto Lot, Let there be no strife, I pray thee, between me and thee, and between my herdmen and thy herdmen; for we be brethren.

9Is not the whole land before thee? separate thyself, I pray thee, from me: if thou wilt take the left hand, then I will go to the right; or if thou depart to the right hand, then I will go to the left.

Genesis 14 (King James Version)

14And when Abram heard that his brother was taken captive, he armed his trained servants, born in his own house, three hundred and eighteen, and pursued them unto Dan.


How awesome is this instruction. Sometimes I think as Christians we feel that we need to take all sorts of troubles at the hands of our family when the Bible clearly shows a way to be separate in love. As they separated in the right time Abram's heart was not hardened and he came full force to his brother's aid in time of need.

I praise God that such a separation is not needed at this time in my family but I am sure that someone needed to hear this message.

I pray that God will reunite all families.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment