Thursday, January 7, 2010

FB Posts

Martha Stewart at the 2009 premiere of the Met...Image via Wikipedia


1) At what age do you encourage your kids to get stuff done yet not require it? Reye wants to do his Scouting stuff when "he feels like it". He loves the meetings but now that he has work to do for the badge, he is not so interested. Do I back off or treate it like homework?
-Stick it to him!
-At his age, I would check with his Den Leader first and see what they plan to do together, then see how much other stuff is required for advancement. Space out the stuff that needs to be done at home so that it can be completed in time for the Blue and Gold ceremony (If you push too hard, he may not want to stick with it).

- ....you'll get a million answers....but in my humble opinion, if Reye really "wants it", he needs the support of mom and dad to "make him" do the work required to earn each level along the way. But if it's not important to mom and dad, it wont be important to Reye and his desire and interest to earn what is needed will eventually die, and so will his involvement in scouts....treat it like homework and he will never be able to tell his friends "my mom and dad didn't really support me"
7 hours ago · Christy Klepetko thanks. This makes sense and was my gut reaction. The trouble is we have to push a little harder now as he got behind during football season.

2) What in your own eyes makes you a good mom/homemaker? Do you meet your own expectations? What do you let slide? What must be done?

-to the homemaker side of that question, two words, Martha. Stewart. lol and no I dont live up to it

-Mom does not equal homemaker ;). I always joke that Andrew would make a better housewife than me (he probably would), but he'd kill the kids, so I stay home!! Things I let slide-- dusting-- what must be done-- those potties have to get cleaned b/c everybody pees on my floor!!!

ME- Martha Stewart, are you crazy? Did she even have kids? I'd be crying every day.
I guess that is our problem neither Randy or I make a good homemaker. I feel like a square peg in a round hole. I agree with the toilets.

-haha, no crazy, but boy can she cook clean sew and be organized, **sigh** i am so far from that though, but hey its inspiring

3) I have a beautiful 9 year old Girl Scout that will begin taking orders for GS cookies January 1st. . . Lemon Chalet Cremes, Trefoils, Do-si-dos, Samoas, Dulce de leche, Tagalongs, Thin Mints, and the new Thank U Berry Munch (Cranberry and white fudge chips). $3.50 a box with delivery in mid Feb. Remember, they freeze well.

4)FB to me is a micro journal that sometimes my community responds to. I have always been bad at recording the bits and peices of my families lives and FB has given me a place for that. I write not to be heard but to be remembered.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment