Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Embaraced for Asking


Every had a longing in your heart for something and known that the only way it was going to happen is if you asked? I want to be dependant on God for his provision but really I want him to provide it to me, by the work of my own hand. Sure this latest thing I want for my family is nothing lofty, but it has been something that we have cut from the budget this past year.

I hope I can learn all that God has for me to learn in this season. Yet what I really want is to be out of this season. I am not asking to be able to go on a Cruise with my family or to be able to buy a new house. I just want to be able to get my kids hair cuts, buy them a coat, get professional pictures, go to fun places and buy a few extras when I feel like it. I want my budget to include more than just what is needed to live.

On the one hand I want people to know our financial hardship so they can be as amazed as I am at how blessed we are to be able to live on as little as we do. But on the other hand I feel selfish, desiring after a full year to be able to let up a little on strictly saving and only buying what we need.

This is our last family photo and I really want a new one, twins and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment