Friday, January 8, 2010

Challenges / Interupted Sleep is What I see

fire of loveImage by Михал Орела via Flickr

Expectations what do I do with them? Mad, mad they make me when they are not met.
My love, my love, he loves me so, and when off to bed he comes he wants to to talk and feel my warmth on these cold nights. Is this to much to ask? His dear wife lay in his bed and he wants to talk with her with a fondness of heart. Asleep she lay up in his bed for two hours plus. But it is so cold and the words of his heart are all but out. So as to not show the angry fire welling up in my soul these fond words fall upon a deaf ear. Sleep, sleep please come back, do not leave me here in my furry. Every ache of my body is larger than the last. My head, my head pounding forever more. Finally sleep has taken me back an hour plus latter but not so deep this time and never to be. Every rustle of the blankets, every pain of my flesh awakens me again. Toss and turn between moments of rest. Cries I hear outside my door. Yes up once more for a babe. Down again for a few hours more. Tossing and turning once again. Awake now I am, tires, angry, sad and disappoint for the lack of sleep that beseeched me. The words of his kind mouth have yet again brought my sleeping house of cards down around me. It was but one innocent pulling of a card that has brought this aggravation upon my head but furry flames fast in my heart. Full restraint upon my lips for fear of what would ensue. Tell him I must but how? My heart must be tender to his intent. My words must be full of grace for harm was not his desire. He did not come to bed with a knife in hand yet a rose instead. Prick me none the less it did. Is it to much for me to ask for my love to stand watch over my sleep? Too much, too much I say to expect such as this. Submit to the love that he brings as a gift to the. Timing not right, as he often comes in the night, but a gift none the less it be.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment