Friday, January 1, 2010

Poem / Love is Agony When Away from Me

Reflection of a heartImage by Nganguyen via Flickr

Home alone, in a dark house, with nothing making noise, but the hum of my computer. Can it be, that I am the last one up. All are tucked into bed before I even came home. How great, I say. But great is not what I thought would be. Dishes done, but my heart said prepare for what could be. A mess, children run amuck. Have faith in the man that said go. Have faith in the children you have raised. Cry as they did when I left. Cry as he did when I called. All pining for my affection but all the while saying go, have fun. Isn't that Love? Is not that, what we all live for? One that holds you so dear, that it is agony, at the thought of your parting, even for a mere moment. Yes, this is love, but one that is often demanding at the top of it's lungs, and being shouted from every room. My inner voice has yet to be heard. Even when allowed to go out, I know not what to think, or how to act. My ties to my family are so great, that even while away my heart is being tugged. The laughter I won't hear, the tears I won't kiss away and the talks I won't have. Bone of my bone, and flesh of my flesh, they are still to me. Apart we never can truly be. At school, at play, at the store, the gym, I might be, but my heart is never far from the.

Tomorrow I will love them deeper than before. Never to be taken for granted. Their smiles will warm my heart a little brighter than the day before, for I had time to miss the you that is every so much apart of me.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment