Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Road Trip Day 54

My Dad was such a big help getting us ready to leave. He made sandwiches and cut up apples. We were on the road by 8:30 for Alabama. Can't wait to see Jen and her family. Her little girl is just a few days older than the twins and her son is 3 1/2. We were going to pick up a movie but I guess not every McD's has them.

Dad gave me totally different directions than my car. First time to not follow the GPS. The roads were curvy and up and down in the montain. Great to enjoy this as the driver. Usually I am sick to my stomach and have to tune out the beauty. No one else complained.

We stopped at Chic Fila for lunch and a little playing. Ran into a another mom of 3 little ones that was also traveling. I managed to leave my diaper bag at the resturant. I need to remember to call them. We were near Atlanta, Gorgia. Sure wish I would have reconected with Cynthia Harris. She was my closest friend at ASL. I went to the states with her. She lived in Gorgia. Here I am in her home town and can't find her.

Well in less than 2 hours we were at Jen's. The kids were fast friends, just playing with all the toys. They were doing great. Jen had our sleeping area all set up. She is amazing.

When her husband came home we had a spagetti dinner. We then packed up the kids to go teach a Sunday school class. All the little one were asleep when we got the the church. Sherman did not want to be separated from me and he wanted to play swords with the music sticks. It took some time but finally he settled into his class. Jen and I taught on patients. It was my oldest 2 and one other boy. Reye was really enjoying this kid. They were cutting up about all his fovorites. Then they had to work together to build a tower of cups. Reye really wanted to play with this kid again. To bad his mom works.

Then we stopped at a playground and Reye made some more friends. The fun just keeps coming. We are definately farther south. Hot, buggy and sticky. Kay and I were having fun looking at all the differnt colors used ot paint the houses. Very bright.

Back to her house for bathes and bed. Petra has become fast friends with Joshua. The older two are happy for more than one computer to play on. They have wireless so we could plug ours in as well. The twins went down with not to much fuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment