Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Christmas Crafts 2011 - Wine Bottles


I have definitely had a love hate relationship with this craft. I just loved the idea of lace decoupaged on the wine bottles. I 1st was going to make lights but didn't want to have to drill a hole in the glass. So I decided that it would be fun for folks to be able to fill the bottle with what ever they like (dish soap, olive oil, plant watering can, etc. Yet this has posed another obstacle as I want the bottle to be able to be at least wiped down if it get's dirty. So my cheep project of bottles and Grandma Sterlings lace became expensive with Modge Podge and Triple Thick Brilliant gloss.

Then trying to get the lace to stay put around the bottle left an ugly seam. The roses purchased for $3.50 a yard were definitely needed.


Here is the Pinterest inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment