Wednesday, November 30, 2011

30 Days of Thanksgiving 2011

Day 24: Thanksgiving Day! I am thankful to the Klepetko Family that does such a beautiful job at preparing the Thanksgiving meal and setting such a pretty table. I am beyond blessed. Lake McQueeney is a wonderful place for all the kids to laugh and play. Thanks Rayla-Jeanne Klepetko.


Day 23: Yesterday I was thankful for a day at home to mass produce flowers for the Black Friday Sale Donna Legender-Hofmann' house. I am having way to much fun with all this crafting. What a blessing.



Day 22: Yesterday I was Thankful that my husband wanted to go to the zoo and my Dad's Christmas money was able to buy the annual pass. We had a great time. Everyone laughing, pointing, and being amazed.


Day 21: I am thankful for sleep and I am grateful that I have such a wonderful big bed. I am holding my eyes open till these little ones are ready to be tucked in. Kay is ready the story.


Day 20: Yesterday I was thankful that my all my kids could play independently so I could sew my 1st masterpiece. I call it my masterpiece because I added all the finishing touches such as double stitching around the pocket, hand gathered ruffle and so much more. I am more of a whip stitch girl and this time I made sure the inside looked as good as the inside.

Day 19: I am Thankful for all the fun and exercise the whole family get's at SPECTRUM. We all went swimming yesterday.

Day 18: Yesterday I was thankful that Christ is giving me confidence and strength. a verse I read yesterday was:

Ezekiel 2:3-7

New International Version (NIV)

5 And whether they listen or fail to listen—for they are a rebellious people—they will know that a prophet has been among them. 6 And you, son of man, do not be afraid of them or their words. Do not be afraid, though briers and thorns are all around you and you live among scorpions. Do not be afraid of what they say or be terrified by them, though they are a rebellious people. 7 You must speak my words to them, whether they listen or fail to listen, for they are rebellious.

Ezekiel 3:7-10

New International Version (NIV)

7 But the people of Israel are not willing to listen to you because they are not willing to listen to me, for all the Israelites are hardened and obstinate. 8 But I will make you as unyielding and hardened as they are. 9 I will make your forehead like the hardest stone, harder than flint. Do not be afraid of them or terrified by them, though they are a rebellious people.”

Day 17: I am Thankful for ALL the ways that God is providing for us in this season. More importantly I am Thankful for the lesson of Faith it is teaching me. For in times of plenty we don't see the hand of God caring for our every need. Yet in this season friends like Tonya Swetman, strangers, and even crazy circumstances have allowed us to keep keeping on.

Day 16: I am thankful for the trusty old scream in clean. Learned this from a friend of my mom's when we lived in Florida when I was 13. I scream and you clean.

Day 15: I an thankful for the journey God has me on and the joy, peace, self control and excitement for life he has placed in my heart. I especially praise Him for the smile that meets me in the mirror and in the eyes of every person I see.

Day 14: I am thankful that Game Truck is doing well and that we will soon be seeing a return on that investment in our pockets.

Day 13: Yesterday I was Thankful for answered prayer. Selling the puppies was a double blessing.

Day 12: I am Thankful that my oldest daughter's heart breaks for a friend that feels unloved and misunderstood by her family. I pray that she always feels as loved and understood by me as she does today.

Day 11: Thankful for our freedom.

Day 10: Yesterday I was thankful for the reminder by a friend. Children are still being molested at an alarming rate and it is up to us as parents, friends and grandparents to be educated and to educate our children so they can "tell" at the earliest stage possible.

Day 9: I am thankful that I stay home with my kids. To hear all the stories they tell, squeeze in between them to mix baked goods, help with the homework, be the 1st to hear about their day, teach them how to ..., laugh with them, read to them, take them EVERYWHERE, and apologize to them.

Day 8: God's word reminded me that I am very Thankful to my neighbor's. Not a one do I share FB with. For I see them in my driveway. Smiles, waves, friends, playmates for my children, a shoulder, walking partner, and recipient of my baking.

Day 7: I am Thankful that our family has remained committed to making all of our Christmas gifts the past 11 years. It stretches me every year to come up with something new. My creative side needs this discipline.

Day 6: Thankful for all the wonderful things we got from Randy's grandma. I have many lovely clothes and a mixer that I got to use to make Randy's B-day cake.

Day 5: I am thankful for cooler weather that let's me cosy up in blankets and my favorite valor jogging suits.

Day 4 : I am thankful that the big kids can work together and help clean the house and that the twins can sleep/play quietly in their room.

Day 3 : I am thankful that I am surounded by a great cloud of witnesses, Carole Lightfoot, Tonya Swetman, Cheryl Heinrich Oechsle, Ivette Cotter, Charlie Barnes, Sean Azzaro, Amber Roo, Matthew Rohr,Ray Touw, Shannon MacLaren Touw and many more. For each of you have helped me along the way in my Faith. I pray I have done the same for you.

Heb 12:1Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us.

Day 2 : I am thankful for God's Word. I love discovering my favorite verses among my daily reading. Hebrews 4:11-13

11Let us therefore strive to enter that rest, so that no one may fall by the same sort of disobedience. 12For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. 13And no creature is hidden from his sight, but all are naked and exposed to the eyes of him to whom we must give account.

Day 1: Today I am thankful for free fabric and the use of a friends sewing machine. I am just in love with the Snoopy and Raggedy Ann prints Patti Evans Beasley.

No comments:

Post a Comment