Friday, December 23, 2011

OYB Reading 12/23/2010

The edited words of my heart poured out a year ago this day.  Praise be to God as they lift me up again.

Zechariah 4:1-5:11

Revelation 14:1-20
Psalm 142:1-7
Proverbs 30:21-23

Zechariah 4

4 I asked the angel who talked with me, “What are these, my lord?”
5 He answered, “Do you not know what these are?”
“No, my lord,” I replied.

(I have great peace from seeing how these mighty men of God hear word for word from the mouth of God yet were so bold to question and admit they did not know what God was talking about. I will continue to ask till I understand and praise be to God with no shame.)

6 So he said to me, “This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: ‘Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the LORD Almighty.

(Infuse me with your Spirit Lord.)

Zechariah 5
6 ... He replied, “It is a basket.” And he added, “This is the iniquity[b] of the people throughout the land.”

(I never realized how much of Revelations was already spoken of in the minor books of the old testament. I am curious and would like to to have better understanding of of the meaning of prostitution and wicked women is to be interpreted in scripture. I need to read more about these women in the basket. I laughed rather than felt the wickedness the writer spoke of. The imagery of winged wicked women in a basket. Lord please show me what I need to see.)

Psalm 142

2 I pour out before him my complaint;
before him I tell my trouble.

(Praise God that He never grows weary of our sorrow. As the turmoil of my life has not passed by quickly I am often concerned that my friends will grow weary of me. Praise God that I can come to you every minute of every day in pursuit of your wisdom and grace. Lord please create a habit in me that I seek you for every step, not moving to the right or the left, just waiting on you, yes even in the good times. For without your leading even the good is done in vain. May I do your will because I have spoken to the Father, not because I think I know it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment