Saturday, December 3, 2011

Advent Day 1

December 1 -  Psalm 51:10-12

Almost forgot.  It was 9:15 and the kids had just been put to bed.  Yet we hadn't done our new advent adventure.  The kids hunted the tree for the verse, looked it up, and Reye read it to everyone.  Doesn't get much better than Psalm 51.  One of my all time favorite songs by Keith Green.  I hid our box of treasures.  Gave the clue - Kay's room.  They were off and running.  To their disappointment it wasn't hidden very well.  a chocolate nugget for everyone in the box.  When everyone was finally back in bed, Reye asked that we eat our chocolate in the morning as he was all wired.  Who are these sensible kids I have?  I assured him I would give him his treat earlier so he could sleep for the rest of advent.

No comments:

Post a Comment