Thursday, February 25, 2016

Mean Girls


Tell me, tell me what did she say about me.  I just need to know.  I know she is talking bad about me. It's not like I'm going to hurt her.  Your not going to tell me?  Your mom says that would be gossip?  Well I'm just trying to warn you.  She can't be trusted.

My ten year old says all the girls are like this.  What's a mom to do?  I've instructed her not to listen or spread gossip.  If someone wants to talk badly about someone to her they better be ready to confront the situation with that person.  My daughter might be friendless today because of it.  She may be surrounded by whispers, finger pointing and stares.  She could have gone with the flow by giving the information the girl wanted.

My daughter is sweet, emotional, and avoids conflict like the plague.  Laugh it off, change the subject but if they are stronger than you don't make waves.  She can give the what for to her little brothers and the dog but that's about it.  Get a back bone we say.  Stand up for yourself.  The whole family ready to jump in and rescue our sweet little flower from being trampled on.  Yet coach from the sidelines I did.  Praying, hoping that we can teach this girl some courage.  Praying, hoping just one kind girl will invite her to their lunch table.  Yet telling her it is better to sit alone than to succumb to the whim of everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment