Thursday, February 4, 2010

Home Sick

Kay has been asking the last two days to stay home sick with a headache. The rule in my house is you can do what ever you want as long as you feel truely miserable with fever, vomiting, etc. Anything less you are in bed all day. Kay is now wishing she had gone to school. She is bored stiff. "But why can't I watch TV.?" I am terrible. Becuase I want her to hate saying home sick unless she is really sick. This probably won't work in the teen years as staying in bed all day will probably be good but for now my point has been made.

1 comment:

  1. OK, I love the parenting technique, but I have to say, as a child (and still as an adult) I would suffer from terrible headaches/migraines that would literally cause mass amounts of pain. So I hope she feels better if thats what it was, otherwise, good parenting idea :)

    ReplyDelete