Friday, October 26, 2012

Love Yourself Today

Is it on your list of things to do today?  Do you have a plan to show yourself favor, grace and care?  Will you push yourself a little harder than you did yesterday?  Will you find one thing about the way you look, act or move that you really like.  We live in a world focused on self improvement.  Drifting from meloncoly unawareness of what we are doing to self deprication analitical scrutiny.  Neither being the path to rigthiousness.  What does the Bible say we are to dwell on:  What ever is true, lovely and pure..., in so doing we will become those things.

So this day I am not going to let the day get away from me with all it trappings.  I will start it in the word of God seeking to know the Father and praying that he reveal himself to me.  Praying that he point out how I may glorify him in this body of mine.  In an of myself I may have nothing to give to God but clothed in his word and filled with his spirit I am amazing.  Truly amazing, capable of doing great things.  I will shine for him today.

So how can I best love myself?  By letting God step inside me and me step inside of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment