Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Reye's 8th Birthday

Ok, we have invited Reye's class, the scouts and the soccer team to his Birthday this Friday. To worry or not. In the past I would have already started to clean or at least look around for all the areas that will need to be clean. Not any more. I bought the cake and candles. That's it. I'm done. No fancy sign, plates, balloons. Just a cake. Can I really do that? No gift bags, no chips. That's right, just a cake and the GAME Truck. Will the backyard get clean, will the playroom be ready for a truck load of boys to destroy? I don't know? All I know is I will be trucking along as if I wasn't having a party till Friday. Then I will be cracking the whip when they get out of school. It will all come together and if not, they are boys. Come on, our men at the age of 40 don't even notice the clean house. These boys will have tunnel vision. Game Truck, Lego's, Cake and Presents. I'm not going to over think this one. Yes, this is a little self talk, but I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment